Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

New York, New York

The white tennis shoes are worn without any laces, frankly just because it is easier. On and off without any extra effort. Walking down the street and they sometimes flip slightly off, but very easily slip into place again.

Leaving a bar at 4 in the morning, and taking a stutter step as they slide off, she walked by and asked, "Are you ok?"

"Yes," I replied, chuckling. "Thanks for asking. My shoes come off sometimes, and make me trip."

She smiled at me, "Do you want to come home with me?"

"Hmm...?" I asked confused, eyebrows scrunched, unsure if I heard her correctly. "What did you just say?"

"I said, do you want to come home with me?"

"Yes, of course I do."

"Ok, well c'mon, lets go then." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards.

UPDATE::
From Sasha Frere-Jones; The exact median blog post: "I was new to the city and scared, so I drank too much and met someone."